The San Antonio Spurs shook off a sluggish start and dominated overtime to beat the Memphis Grizzlies 104-93 on Saturday and move within one game of reaching ...
The San Antonio Spurs shook off a sluggish start and dominated overtime to beat the Memphis Grizzlies 104-93 on Saturday and move within one game of reaching the NBA finals.The Spurs posted their second straight overtime victory to take a commanding 3-0 lead in the best-of-seven Western Conference final series.The winners of the set will face either Miami or Indiana for the NBA title, and the ...
HOOVER, Ala. - Tony Kemp, Conrad Gregor and Zander Wiel each drove in three runs to power Vanderbilt to a 16-8 victory over Mississippi State Saturday in the Southeastern Conference tournament semifinals.The top-seeded Commodores (51-8) will face LSU Sunday in their third straight trip to the championship game. Vandy is 0-3 in the title game since winning the 2007 championship.The Commodores had ...
Emergency utility payments for the city's poor go to almost 10,000 households annually. The money and the problem reach across public funds, the Knoxville Utilities Board, nonprofits, the city and other agencies while dollars get tossed into a figurative ...
7 year-old Matthew Gray with Troop 131 pays respect after placing flags on graves at the Knoxville National Cemetery for Memorial Day Saturday, May 25, 2013. (Photo by Wade Payne, Special to the News ...
Beowulf & Grendel [DVD]
Just dont take any courses where they make you read Beowulf, Woody Allen quipped in Annie Hall (1977), essentially summarizing most peoples appreciation of the anonymously penned eighth-century epic poem that is now required reading in most high school and college ... ...
http://bit.ly/Zl8y7f ) reports the new regulations mean the Smoky Mountain Brewery in Maryville is now serving "growlers" again. Growlers are jugs filled with draft beer that customers can take with them when the ...
A body was found in Percy Priest Lake on Saturday, according to authorities. Officials with Metro Police, the Office of Emergency Management and Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency responded to Hole In The Wall Island around 11 a.m. Metro Police said detectives coordinated with OEM officials to put in a boat to recover the remains. TWRA officials confirm the deceased man was a boater who ...
http://bit.ly/11jsNCA ) reports the Shelby County Election Commission approved the date during a meeting on Friday. The action came after all six suburbs passed ordinances calling for a referendum on the issue on that ...
Mike Conley could hand him the ball, take a step back and watch him create something from nothing. It wasn't often ideal -- usually a mid-range pull-up jumper -- but it was better than a three-second violation or a tipped entry pass. Conley came to depend on Gay, like a 6-foot-8 security blanket, willing to go one-on-one and rise over a defender in a way Conley never would. Memphis ...
County officials and the Coffee County Historical Society want to jump on repairs and start looking to possible updates to make the old structure last until the next century, county maintenance director Robert Gilliam said ...
Reported in the press
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
London Marriott Park Lane
Having taken the Heathrow Express to Paddinton station (a 15 minute ride, with trains running every 15 minutes), I then ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Tennessee DailyTennessee Daily – Daily news updates from Tennessee
Every minute of every day our news editors canvass the issues, and stories making the news to provide our readers with a broad and in-depth coverage of what's happening in the world.
Our first priority is the state. We specialise in Tennessee news. From Knoxville to Memphis, we're on the lookout day and night to keep track of issues making the news. We also strive to keep abreast of national news.
Breaking stories out of the continental United States usually break first on the Tennessee Daily. Neighbouring states and key cities too often feature on our news pages.
We also provide a whole lot of other content you'd expect from any newspaper including international sports coverage and local Tennessee weather forecasts.
We also provide readers with an opportunity to engage in newsmaking by voting on major stories in the news, and following how other readers are viewing the issues. Our news polls are regularly updated, and attract thousands of voters over each week they're conducted.
Our business writers too work hard to keep you abreast of what's happening in the markets, not only in the U.S. but across the globe. We work around the clock to post stories from major financial centers like Tokyo, Paris, London, and of course New York, where we have extensive coverage of the major indices, particularly the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P and Russell 2000.
New York, Oklahoma City, Indiana and Memphis all won their first-round NBA playoff series with Game 6 victories, reaching the Conference semifinals.
The New York Knicks got the staggers Friday and almost gave up a 26-point lead but steadied to beat the Boston Celtics 88-80 while Oklahoma City Thunder booked its spot in the last eight for the third straight season by downing the Houston Rockets 103-94, reports Xinhua.
The Indiana Pacers withstood a big final-quarter comeback from Atlanta and beat the Hawks 81-73, and the Memphis Grizzlies completed a comeback from a 0-2 series deficit by beating the Los Angeles Clippers 118-105. With Miami, San Antonio and Golden State already into the next stage, the last spot will be decided when Brooklyn host Chicago in their Game 7.
Boston cut a 49-75 deficit to four points but Carmelo Anthony made a jumper to give New York an 81-75 lead and then sank a 3-pointer. Then J.R. Smith converted a three-point play to restore the double-digit lead the Knicks had nursed most of the game.
Anthony finished with 21 points for the Knicks, who won a playoff series for the first time since the Patrick Ewing era in 2000. They will host the Pacers in Sunday's opening game of their Conference semifinal series. ...
- Suspected international arms dealer joins Bout in America
- Court rules against tough sheriff
- UK defends security services over Woolwich murder
- Mets ace Matt Harvey dating Victorias Secret model Anne V
- Kerry US Working with AU to Reduce Sudan Violence
- 48 Hours Dirty Little Secrets
- Book Review Split Image The Life of Anthony Perkins
- Book Review A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
- Crunch time for Jersey Shore businesses after Sandy
- Five great scientists with flawed vision
- Joe Soucheray So velvet Elvis is going to fill downtown St. Pauls Macys void
- Nashville TV for May 25 and May 26
- Two injured in north Nashville shooting
- Nashville Sounds MiLB Team 3 more JuneJuly Homestands
- Fire crews responding to barn fire in Smyrna
- ATV crash kills elderly man in Scott County
- Children of murder victim fight to keep convicted killer in prison
- Armadillos move into Morgan Scott Counties
- Powell church hosts food pantry for area
- High-flying kids take to the skies in Morristown
- Board approves News Corp split into two entities
- Married to Jonas is therapy for Kevin Jonas
- Report MI5 Tried to Recruit Woolwich Murder Suspect
- Senior Congress leader Mahendra Karma killed by Maoists in Chattisgarh
- Lena Dunham slams X-rated parody of hit series Girls
- Diversion of flight fails to save passenger from Ireland
- Hainan urged to promote good faith in tourism industry
- The Casa Marina inn awash in history
- High tech heightens the high-class ambiance at trendy hotels
- Hainan Airlines to receive 1st Dreamliner in mid-June
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Tennessee Daily headlines delivered to your inbox.
- NBA San Antonio Spurs push Memphis Grizzlies to brink
- Spurs triumph in overtime over Memphis
- Vandy routs Mississippi State 16-8 in SEC semis
- IBM team tackled $5 million Knoxville problem drafty homes
- A lesson to remember Knoxville Scouts decorate graves in memory tribute for holiday