Work began on Monday on the development of a man-made island in Dubai, 500 metres directly opposite the Jumeirah Beach Residence complex. To be known as Bluewaters Island, the new development will house five star hotels and resorts, al fresco dining and entertainment zones, and residential apartments and villas. The focal point of the island city, which will cost $1.6 billion, will be a 688 ...
The Court of Arbitration for Sport has dismissed Athens Olympic champion Koji Murofushi's challenge of an International Olympic Committee's (IOC) disqualification from member election. The Japanese hammer thrower was disqualified from IOC's athletes committee member election after claims he excessively lobbied fellow athletes ahead of voting at the London Olympics, reports Xinhua. The IOC has ...
Sports media giant ESPN has given pink slips to nearly 7,000 employees on Tuesday, the network said in a statement. The Bristol, Connecticut-based company said it was looking at the financial bottom line. In a statement the company said that they were implementing changes across the company to enhance their continued growth while smartly managing costs. It added that while difficult, they ...
security option turned on, it's still important for you to use a strong password and follow the rest of our advice for keeping your account ...
At an inquiry into the deaths of eight job applicants, the KZN transport department says its advert specified that a tough physical test was ...
As indicated by its title, which is taken from a rigorously researched nonfiction book by Bryan Burrough, but immediately calls to mind William Wellmans rip-roaring 1931 film classic of a similar name, Michael Manns Public Enemies is a cool and calculated throwback to the rom ... ...
Many blind people are 'frightened and confused' about this year's welfare reforms, says a spokesman for Action for Blind People. Photograph: Altrendo ...
Image Credit: Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic; Steve Granitz/WireImage (2); Frazer Harrison/Getty Images (2) There are always plenty women to ogle in ...
Employers might redesign regulation at work minimizing use of personal devices at work blamed for rise in online insecurity to businesses. A new study by Cisco networks blames current work lifestyles adopted by employees for the rise of network insecurity in offices. Security risks in businesses are on the rise because many employees adopt "my way" work lifestyles in which their ...
Since then, he has made 23 stops, wearing 17 different uniforms, including a season in independent ball and 98 big-league games with the Mariners and ...
we gave you the readers the chance to star on our cover via Twitter and be a FIT City Series race ambassador. Here we meet the inspiring winners and hear their fitness stories
I was always involved in sport when I was younger, from rugby to GAA, golf and swimming. I was never the best or fittest, but was passionate about sport, so always gave 100pc effort.Then from 2007 to 2010, a number of factors, including ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Wyndham New Orleans at Canal Place
On arrival at this hotel the thing that struck us most was the location. It was just meters from the ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Tennessee DailyTennessee Daily – Daily news updates from Tennessee
Every minute of every day our news editors canvass the issues, and stories making the news to provide our readers with a broad and in-depth coverage of what's happening in the world.
Our first priority is the state. We specialise in Tennessee news. From Knoxville to Memphis, we're on the lookout day and night to keep track of issues making the news. We also strive to keep abreast of national news.
Breaking stories out of the continental United States usually break first on the Tennessee Daily. Neighbouring states and key cities too often feature on our news pages.
We also provide a whole lot of other content you'd expect from any newspaper including international sports coverage and local Tennessee weather forecasts.
We also provide readers with an opportunity to engage in newsmaking by voting on major stories in the news, and following how other readers are viewing the issues. Our news polls are regularly updated, and attract thousands of voters over each week they're conducted.
Our business writers too work hard to keep you abreast of what's happening in the markets, not only in the U.S. but across the globe. We work around the clock to post stories from major financial centers like Tokyo, Paris, London, and of course New York, where we have extensive coverage of the major indices, particularly the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P and Russell 2000.
New York, Oklahoma City, Indiana and Memphis all won their first-round NBA playoff series with Game 6 victories, reaching the Conference semifinals.
The New York Knicks got the staggers Friday and almost gave up a 26-point lead but steadied to beat the Boston Celtics 88-80 while Oklahoma City Thunder booked its spot in the last eight for the third straight season by downing the Houston Rockets 103-94, reports Xinhua.
The Indiana Pacers withstood a big final-quarter comeback from Atlanta and beat the Hawks 81-73, and the Memphis Grizzlies completed a comeback from a 0-2 series deficit by beating the Los Angeles Clippers 118-105. With Miami, San Antonio and Golden State already into the next stage, the last spot will be decided when Brooklyn host Chicago in their Game 7.
Boston cut a 49-75 deficit to four points but Carmelo Anthony made a jumper to give New York an 81-75 lead and then sank a 3-pointer. Then J.R. Smith converted a three-point play to restore the double-digit lead the Knicks had nursed most of the game.
Anthony finished with 21 points for the Knicks, who won a playoff series for the first time since the Patrick Ewing era in 2000. They will host the Pacers in Sunday's opening game of their Conference semifinal series. ...
- Twister that hit Oklahoma caused $2 bn in damage
- FBI kill Florida man known to Boston bombing suspects
- US Senate panel clears key immigration reform bill
- North Korean special envoy visits China to win confidence
- Self-regulation skills better in American girls than boys
- Angered Harris calls for ban on crooked spot-fixing players for turning cricket into joke
- Holy Sht A Brief History of Swearing by Melissa Mohr – review
- House panel moves to curb military sexual assaults
- Now You See Me cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- How one Oklahoma family cheated death during tornado
- Mayor laudes bulldozing of blighted Whitehaven apartments
- Memphis Police Department identifies officers who shot civilian
- Two Memphis police officers fired for threatening comments
- DeSoto County Parent Making Strides for Autism Support
- DeSoto Briefs Olive Branch approves second access for Malco
- Nashvilles Striking Matches named semi-finalists for 2013 O Music Awards
- Soldier dad returns home to surprise children on train
- Metro officer could be at fault in collision captain says
- Middle TN deploys more resources to aid tornado recovery
- Man upset over foreclosure allegedly attacks judge at Hobby Lobby
- Calculating College Debt A bachelors degree vs. an associates degree
- Jennifer Meckles shares experience of covering Joplin tornado in new book
- UT veterinarian helps care for Budweiser Clydesdales
- Knoxville volunteer among thousands aiding Oklahoma tornado victims
- Trinity Hill residents get glammed up for senior prom
- ESPN layoffs 7000 workers as TV rights fees rise
- The Apprentice a psychological assessment | Dean Burnett
- Cross-dressing Cuban woman who fought for Confederacy a rebel in more ways than one
- NBC appeals to higher power with ’s ‘Save Me’
- FOX NEWS POLL Voters US shouldnt intervene in Syria
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Cleanliness drive in Kashmir provide impetus to tourism
- Mexico Germany vow to promote tourism
- Turtle tourism booming in Trinidad village
- Indian Hotels to open a resort in Hainan
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Tennessee Daily headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Knoxville Glove Co. to close doors textile industry takes another hit
- Grizzlies and Red Cross team up to assist tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Northwestern seeks to join legal fight over Knoxville teens confession
- Nashville judge permanently suspends guardian
- Photographer facing child pornography charges